Ideas for Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
Thanksgiving is a great time to encourage students to write about the holiday! There are endless ideas for writing prompts to help children write their thoughts, what they are learning, and engage their critical thinking skills.
Here are some ideas you can use for Thanksgiving Writing Prompts:
- Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year because
- My favorite color during the Fall season is
- What do you love about Thanksgiving?
- What is your favorite type of Thanksgiving dessert and why?
- My favorite place to visit during Thanksgiving is
- What would you do with a Fall pumpkin?
- How can you be a blessing to others during Thanksgiving?
- Do you like raking leaves? Why of why not?
- Describe a Thanksgiving memory you really enjoyed!
- Tell the story of the pilgrims.
- What would you do if you were a pilgrim for a day?
- Describe your favorite smells of Thanksgiving dinner cooking.
- If you could be an Indian for a day, what would you do?
- What have you learned about Indians and Thanksgiving?
- Describe one of your favorite outside games this time of year.
- Explain what family means to you.
- Name five things you are thankful for.
- What is your Thanksgiving like each year?
Do you have other Thanksgiving writing prompts you would like to share? I would love to hear your suggestions! Please leave a comment below! God bless!